The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
1. Tender Purpose:
NRC Middle East Regional Office in Amman, Jordan, is soliciting bids for Yemen Economics Technical Experts consultancy.
ACAPS is dedicated to helping humanitarians make better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making. To achieve this, we collaborate with a variety of partners across the humanitarian sector and beyond. We strive to be an evolving platform providing:
· Independent analysis to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations
· Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis
· Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis.
ABOUT THE YEMEN ANALYSIS HUB
The ACAPS Yemen Analysis Hub is a multi disciplinary team of analysts who work with experts and operational partners to strengthen the evidence base for decision making in Yemen. The Hub provides
· Forward looking analysis, including risk and scenario building
· Trends analysis, to understand how humanitarian needs are changing over time
· Thematic analysis, to build a stronger understanding of Yemen’s political economy, local coping mechanisms, gender, marginalisation and other topics relevant to the humanitarian response, and
· Capacity building, including training and data and analysis support for operational actors.
Data collection is extremely restricted in Yemen. The Hub largely relies on innovative remote data collection and analysis to make sense of the crisis and provide insights to operational partners.
Purpose of the position
ACAPS wishes to build a roster of technical experts to support ACAPS analysts to design and develop thematic analysis on topics of interest to the humanitarian response in Yemen. The experts will help collect data, conduct analysis and publish products or parts of products on their area of expertise. They will build and maintain a network of key context and subject matter experts inside Yemen and in the region to collect data, track emerging risks and trends and ground truth analysis findings. The experts will support the production of quality analysis, including writing, reviewing and correcting draft products. They will advise ACAPS on emerging topics of importance to improving humanitarian response, deliver presentations on their area of expertise to ACAPS staff and external stakeholders, deliver short trainings and provide expert input to regular joint analysis meetings.
ACAPS is looking for technical experts in the following areas
· Economists with a strong knowledge of remittances, supply and market dynamics in Yemen
· Anthropologists with a strong understanding of how local power structures in Yemen impact on humanitarian outcomes and humanitarian operations
· Experts on humanitarian access
· Experts on cash based programming in Yemen
· Experts of protection analysis
At this stage, funding is secured until 19 December 2021. However, further funding may come available to extend the position after December 2021.
The complete tender dossier in English language can be obtained by e-mail, free of charge, up until the day before the closing date 16th of June 2021.** The tender dossier can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Quoting reference number ITB.MERO.2021.01.ACAPS and stating the name of the company requesting the documents.
Note that questions about this invitation to bid can be put forward by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and that a Q&A feedback will be shared with all bidders with anonymization.