Do you want to be a part of a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce, and a genuine place of passion responding to global refugee crises? Are you looking for an accompanied position, with full family benefits in a wonderful city?
We are truly excited to announce an opportunity for an enthusiastic Regional Program Director to join our dynamic team. This strategic position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in leading our Central and West Africa Regional Programme department and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
The NRC Central and West Africa region is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs, and displacements due to conflict. Across the region, new displacements occur alongside secondary displacements of people who are trying to return home but often find themselves unable to reach their place of origin. An increasing number of people live in protracted displacement and are dependent on humanitarian assistance and protection for survival.
Through our Countries' program operations, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of millions of people affected by violence and displacement.
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) oversees the country programs in the region and provides strategic guidance and oversight across the core program, advocacy, and support functions.
In order to do this, we are completely dependent on employing dedicated and skilled staff.
Member of the Regional Management Group (RMG) you will assume overall responsibility for program development and strategic vision in the region promoting learning and a cost-conscious culture.
You will directly supervise the Regional Head of Program Support Unit as well as regional Core Competencies Advisers, you will work closely and in a matrix structure with the Regional Support and Advocacy teams, as well as the global Programme Development and Support Section in Head Office, and not least with Heads of Programme in Country Offices to develop capacity in core competencies and cross-cutting themes across the region.
What you'll do
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Manage performance and staff development of the Regional Programme department.
- Ensure current donor relations are well managed and explore potential new donor opportunities within the region.
- Ensure strategic program development in the region in line with global program initiatives.
- Provide guidance and ensure support and capacity building related to Project Cycle Management (PCM), M&E framework, integrated programming, and program quality in the region, including the integration of relevant cross-cutting issues such as protection, safe programming, and access.
- Liaise with Country Directors and Country Offices’ Heads of Programme to explore and create synergies, and ensure effective and constructive communication between related functions and COs.
- Provide contextual program analysis as input to the regional strategy, annual and trimestrial reports.
- Ensure organizational learning from program implementation and overall program capacity building in the region.
- Ensure program relevant advocacy priorities are identified and taken forward.
- Carry out temporary duties as appointed by the Regional Director.
- Develop protection programs across the region and the positioning of NRC as a key protection actor
- Contribute to expanding the use of Cash-Based Programmes and increase the use of technology as a way of increasing the efficiency of the programs in the region
- Contribute to strengthening accountability to beneficiaries through championing the Safe Programming initiative, improving M&E systems, the establishment of beneficiary feedback and complaints mechanisms, and improved needs assessments for evidence-based programming.
What we are looking for
- A strategic senior-level manager with a minimum of 7 years of relevant management experience from the humanitarian field.
- A solid understanding of the context in Central and West Africa.
- Good knowledge of your own leadership profile and have a passion for working with people from different places and backgrounds.
- A positive and energetic person who will encourage people to engage and interact and can empower and build trust in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact and respect as well as being strong at initiating performance and change.
- Our ideal candidate has experience from working in complex and volatile context, have high professional knowledge of humanitarian principles and proven abilities to handle insecure environments.
- Working experience from one or several of NRC’s Core Competencies (Shelter, WASH, ICLA, Education, Food Security, Camp Management) is an asset.
- Fluent in English and French, both written and verbal is a must as well as documented results related to the position’s responsibility.
If you fit into the above profile we look forward to your application.
We can offer
A 2 years full-time contract with competitive salary and benefits according to International staff terms and conditions, including contributions to a pension fund
Duty station: Dakar
Family Duty station: accompanied post with full family benefits
Grade: 12 (see attachment for NRC Grade structure)
Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Only CVs and applications written in English will be assessed