Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Relief International (RI), and International Consortium for Refugees in Iran (ICRI) together operate a 30-months project co-funded by the European Commission International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO) focusing on the following sectors: Education, LFS and Protection. Advocacy activities are also planned. This project began on 1 January 2019 and is scheduled to end on 30 June 2021.
NRC is seeking an experienced Partnership Manager to manage the coordination and reporting of this DEVCO-funded project with NRC as Grant Holder. The Partnership Manager is line managed by the NRC Country Director and will provide oversight of the Partnership Coordination Unit whilst being the liaison between the Steering Committee (made up of senior representatives from each NGO) and the three members of the partnership. The Partnership Manager will facilitate the grant management, the intra-partner engagement and information sharing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate Steering Committee and Technical Working Group meetings on a regular basis
- Represent the partnership in relevant fora as directed by the Steering Committee
- Support partnership members adherence to the DEVCO policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Overall management of the Partnership Coordination Unit (PCU)
- Manage the coordination of the project (activities, budget, project documentation, work plan, reporting) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements (DEVCO and other co-donors of the project)
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant stakeholders and represent the partnership in relevant forums and working groups.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of grants management and programmatic implementation in a humanitarian/recovery context
- A clear understanding of relevant technical sectors ie education, ICLA and livelihoods
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in mainstreaming protection concepts within a humanitarian operation.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and work processes and work with short deadlines
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience with facilitating and leading internal organisational processes.
Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Previous experience managing a partnership/consortium
Previous experience working with DEVCO as a donor
Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset
Knowledge of Persian is an asset
Contextual understanding of Iran is an asset
Experience with advocacy work is an asset
Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
A sense of humour is an asset!
We can offer
Duration: until June 30th 2021
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
Grade: 9 - see attached NRC grade structure
Duty station: Tehran, Iran .
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.