Are you interested in contributing to the improvement and efficiency of a truly global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to over 9 million refugees and internally displaced persons? Then you might be the one for this position!
The Norwegian Refugee Council delivers high-quality aid, protecting people forced to flee and supporting them as they build a new future. NRC works in new and protracted crises across 30 countries, providing livelihoods assistance, clean water, shelter, legal aid, and education.
The Global Roving & Emergency response HSS Manager provides health, safety and security support, advice and trainings to country, regional, and the Head Offices (HO), provides support to an Emergency Response Team or deploys to implement an initiative or task on behalf the HO HSS Section.
What you will do:
This position reports to the Global HSS Director who is responsible for assigning deployments and tasks. The following are some key responsibilities:
- Deploys to implement an initiative or task on behalf the HO HSS Section.
- Deploys to fill vacant CO HSS Manager or Regional HSS positions and assumes their tasks and responsibilities while deployed.
- Deploys to support Emergency Response Teams (ERT).
- Deploys to support or deliver HSS trainings.
- Deploys to conduct security risk assessment and produces HSS documents for C.O’s.
- Deploys to conduct HSS audits and investigation.
- Deploys to support HO, RO or CO crisis teams.
- Lead and monitor the implementation and compliance of NRC HSS risk management framework, and reduce risks by seeking creative solutions for mitigation to (in order of priority): NRC staff, programs, organization, beneficiaries and assets.
- On occasion, may be required to act as a Regional or Global HSS manager during leave periods or vacancies.
- Ensure that solutions respect both the rules and principles of the HSS risk management system of NRC, as well as the humanitarian standards of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence that are guiding the interventions of NRC for accessing beneficiaries.
For more information about the role, please access the Job Description
We are searching for candidates with:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as an adviser/manager in a humanitarian/recovery context in the field of health, safety and/or security.
- Formal HSS, risk management or equivalent education preferred.
- Proven, solid and relevant experience in HSS work, preferably in the NGO or UN environment.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and a high degree of pressure.
- Proven experience in administration and team management
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
We can offer you:
- Strongly committed and international work environment in a large, world-renowned humanitarian organisation.
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with a team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee
- Salary by agreement, good pension and insurance schemes.
For more information about the role, please contact Global Security Adviser, Chris Allen, +47 991 65 548 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach all relevant documents when applying.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.