Job Title: Digital Action Specialist
Reports to: Campaign Action Manager
Internal Title: Specialist I
Department: Mission and Mobilization
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Baltimore, MD/Headquarters
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS' relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Campaign Content & Action Team seeks to support the strategy and implementation of issue-based campaigns within the Mission and Mobilization division to build a movement of millions of people in the United States to increase the Church's impact and influence in combatting global poverty, violence and injustice through targeted bilingual and bicultural action to advance CRS' vision of integral human development for all.
The Digital Action Specialist is responsible for the sequencing of bilingual (English/Spanish) advocacy and fundraising activities within email marketing, SMS, social media and other digital platforms for all issue-based campaigns in Mission and Mobilization. This role will oversee the direction, implementation, as well as the monitoring, evaluation and optimization of actions in accordance with performance analytics and industry benchmarks and trends.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement digital campaign calendar to sequence digital advocacy actions, and activities in line with the Agency fundraising strategy, including but not limited to email marketing, social media, SMS and web platforms, in collaboration with the Government Relations and Campaign Content team, and Charitable Giving and Marketing and Communications divisions.
- Create and lead the implementation of issue-based campaigns' digital constituent acquisition strategy with advertising, SEO and other digital tactics to grow CRS target constituencies for campaign actions.
- Manage mobile platform messaging, the sequencing of text communications, and the sending of text messages to constituents in collaboration with the Charitable Giving division.
- Monitor and evaluate campaign reports, analytics, and metrics across digital engagement platforms in coordination with Data Analytics and Program Quality and Design teams to best meet campaign goals and objectives.
- Serve as the primary liaison for digital advocacy campaign related efforts across departments in CRS and to the International Justice and Peace office and Education and Outreach offices in the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
Education and Experience --
- Bachelor's degree required in Marketing, Communications, International Relations, Political Science, Public Policy and/or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of advocacy, international affairs, multichannel marketing or related field.
- Proven knowledge of Congressional processes and effective digital advocacy.
Required Languages -- English
Travel-- Ability to travel in the U.S. as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize various initiatives and priorities.
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills, and ability to guide strategy across divisions and initiatives.
- Comfort using technology, including EveryAction, Mobile Commons, WordPress and Salesforce.com or other equivalent digital platforms.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Bilingual, English & Spanish
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities -- None
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions --CRS Headquarters office in Baltimore or as agreed to work-from-home arrangement.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.