CRS JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
Job Title: Chief of Party I
Type of Post (if applicable): i.e. accompanied/spouse
FLSA Status: For HR Use Only
Salary grade: For HR Use Only
Scope and complexity factors are defined for each level of Chief of Party. Please consult with your HR contact and/or Compensation for approved determination of level.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Chief of Party I you will provide leadership and overall management of the XXX project to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leadi ng agency in (RESPCTIVE)field. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
* Lead all aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the XXX project, including sharing how the project contributes to the thought leadership of the industry. Serve as the primary point of contact to DONOR as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
* Ensure the project is designed and implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability. Ensure coordination between program and operations leads. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
* Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
* Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans, and ensure the updating of such plans.
* Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with DONOR grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to DONOR. Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
* Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and CRS’ branding and marketing requirements and procedures.
* Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations, including organization of review/planning workshops. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
* Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high quality training and technical assistance.
* Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
* 7 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
* 5 years experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
Required Languages - List languages required to perform the job
Travel - include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to X %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
* Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
* Recognized leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulne rable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.