FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Education Technical Advisor for an anticipated basic education project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified Senior Education Technical Advisor candidates for an anticipated USAID project to focus on increasing the quality of basic education in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The Senior Education Technical Advisor is responsible for quality assurance and management of the technical activities and implementation of the project. They ensure that program components are results-oriented, ensures high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting. This individual will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas and assuring that subawardees are poised to deliver services on schedule, ensuring synergies and cohesion between the various result areas. This individual will also contribute to the capacity building of local institutions in the delivery of education services. This individual shall participate and engage in technical meetings and maintain positive relationships with officials, partners, and implementing partners. The Senior Education Technical Advisor will, at times, acts as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP.
This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Requires a Master’s degree in education, management or a directly relevant field from an accredited university, Ph.D or Ed.D is preferred;
- At least ten years’ experience of which at least eight years have been in developing countries with technical and/or operational issues related to a mix of education and development work, policy development, curriculum development (especially literacy and numeracy), teacher professional development and coaching support, and community engagement;
- At least five years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience involving direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance, and deliverables and contract management;
- Requires a Master’s degree in education, management or a directly relevant field from an accredited university, though a PhD or EdD is preferred;
- Experience in fragile and conflict affected countries is preferred;
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-contracts/sub-grants with international consortiums, local organizations, including NGOs, communities, and parent teacher associations;
- A strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Experience working in Democratic Republic of the Congo or a demonstrated understanding of the country context;
- Experience in managing large scale activities, strategic planning, and implementation of related activities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Strong writing and communication abilities required; and
- Fluency in French and English required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.