Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated MEAL Field Assistant who will assist emergency programming field activities for monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) by working directly with local partners and community members in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community interpersonal skills contribute to projects that benefit local communities, consistently apply best practices, and continuously work towards improving their impact. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
The position is based in Bamenda/Cameroon
· Support MEAL-related programming activities at the field level, including participant identification and verification; and post-distribution interviews contributing to ensuring quality implementation.
· Contribute to ensuring accountability to project participants and local stakeholders, including actively seeking and responding to feedback from all members of target communities as per the established community feedback mechanism.
· Support the monitoring of project activities at the field level, per the MEAL plan through collection of data, active listening and observations.
· Support community mobilization efforts through communication and information sharing with project participants at the community level.
· In coordination with the project team support MEAL-related capacity building events for community volunteers.
· Ensure field enumerators and partners are assisted and equipped to collect and monitor quantitative and qualitative data on MEAL-related activities consistently and regularly. etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
· High School diploma required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration preferred.
· Minimum one- or two-years’ experience or volunteer experience in supporting community development and mobilization.
· Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Fluent spoken English, as well as good written English skills required; spoken Pidgin English skills highly desired, conversational French a plus.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Extremely flexible and can cope with stressful situations.
· Observation and active listening skills
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% in the Northwest region and occasional travel to Yaoundé or other CRS offices.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.