Job Title: Country Manager
As Country Manager you will manage and represent the Mozambique country program office, advancing programming and operations objectives and the mission of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and representation skills will enable you to advance CRS' reputation and impact while you proactively manage security and mitigate security risks and liabilities.
* Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience managing high value relief and development programs.
* Experience in complex development settings preferred.
Required Languages -- English and Portuguese
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
* Demonstrated experience successfully managing high-value projects from multiple international donors, including USAID, DFID, and UN agencies; knowledge of relevant donor regulations.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Ability to represent the agency at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.