Responsible for coordinating in-country Polio Emergency Operation Centres(EOC) community engagement work , volunteer management and support
Establishing beneficial partnerships with communities and strengthen access to and utilization of polio immunization services
• Enhance community participation in polio immunization service planning to promote a sense of ownership and accountability.
• Promote inclusion by emphasizing the recruitment and identification of polio survivors and young people, to advocate for and relay communication messages on polio vaccination
• Involve communities in monitoring (citizen-led monitoring) and surveillance of services and provide periodic feedback regarding program successes and challenges to community members and the Polio EOC leadership
• Inform and engage community members in effective polio immunization programmes outlining the purpose of immunization, its importance and where and when it is available using appropriate social and behaviour change communication materials via radio, print and other mass media platforms.
* Empower the community to take action by addressing mistrust, resistant groups as well as hold duty bearers to account for improved service delivery
• Call for increased accountability from local leaders, government officials and the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) vaccination teams
• Facilitate community dialogues and action through involvement and participation to build each communities’ agency, ownership and support.
• To inform programme Staff of any issues which violate or jeopardize the operation of the support.
• Demonstrate appropriate communication and leadership skills.
• Maintain Health and Safety of the group ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.