Requisition ID 32149 Office Country United Kingdom Office City London Division Communications Department Contract Type Fixed Term Contract Length 2 years Posting End Date 16/11/2022
Purpose of Job
The Communications Department is responsible for leading all aspects of corporate communications, advancing the Bank’s mission, vision and goals through various channels amongst external and internal audiences.
The Video Producer, Communications (Associate) will work with the Head of Multimedia Production to help the award-winning visuals team deliver a variety of effective multimedia content that demonstrates the positive impact that the EBRD has on the countries where it invests.
This role will be offered as a two year fixed term contract.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Associate will report to the Head of Multimedia Production but will frequently oversee and coordinate the work of the team. They will be expected to demonstrate initiative, manage multiple tasks and work without supervision.
The main accountabilities and responsibilities include:
• Shape the visual team’s innovative production approach, working across everything from short documentaries to Instagram reels
• Produce videos and photography to raise the Bank’s profile externally and to highlight its activities internally
• Active participation in the planning of high-profile events such as the Annual Meeting
• Oversee delivery of defined areas of the Communications Strategic Plan as directed
• Deliver imaginative and creative treatments using a variety of channels relevant to the Bank’s communications activity
• Guiding and advising more junior team members to ensure that material is delivered to a high standard.
• Deputise for Head of Multimedia Production
• Maintain both the video and image libraries
• Shoot video and photography when necessary
• Oversee bank’s photography
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• At least 5 years working as a video producer or video journalist in the TV/digital/video industry or visual communications
• Track record of producing innovative content
• True understanding of what makes exciting, inspiring video
• Able to self-shoot and edit to a good level
• Editorially sound
• Able to operate on tight deadlines and turn round content quickly, often within a day
• Some understanding of the Bank’s regions including political and socio-economic context
• Knowledge of digital platforms and traditional media, relevant to communications and the industry
• Understanding of strategic approaches to delivery of messages
• Some experience of managing junior colleagues
• Good team leadership skills with management potential
• Excellent production skills with decent knowledge of editing software such as Premiere Pro or FCP
• Highly literate, with excellent knowledge of how to write for TV/video/visual/digital content in whatever shape or form it might take
• Can generate excellent video and photography via smart phone in square, vertical and horizontal
• Uses innovative filming and editing techniques to make videos fit for all formats on social media
• Ability to produce infographics in social media videos.
• Able to generate content using existing material in both video and photo libraries
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as effective, persuasive and diplomatic communications skills
• Ability to manage complex and challenging projects and initiatives
• Autonomy - experience of working independently and scheduling own work
• Results oriented – self-motivated individual able to set goals and priorities with a good sense of time management and ability to re-organise workload when confronted with changing priorities
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.