Provide technical advice, guidance, and support to agriculture and livelihoods program design and implementation issues focused on learning, capacity strengthening and knowledge management. Your technical assistance will align with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
* Contribute to the development and implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools, and best practices in agriculture and livelihoods, with particular focus on curricula, farmer use of data, and other forms of knowledge management and learning. Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming, and disaster risk reduction.
* Provide technical solutions to regional and CP teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply program design and implementation standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools, and M&E, ensuring high-quality implementation.
* Lead or contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives in agriculture and livelihoods knowledge management and learning for staff and partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and mentoring and coaching to CP staff.
* Lead knowledge management and learning through collecting and analyzing program data, evaluating strategic projects, assisting with measuring program impact, capturing and sharing lessons learned and best practices, and research and internal reports.
Technical Assistance (60%)
* Build the capabilities of country program and regional staff and partners in the use of capacity strengthening materials, such as SMART Skills, with a focus on deployment in projects.
* Provide technical support to country programs in analytical tools such as the participatory production and gross margin analysis methodology.
* Support country programs and partners in the ability to analyze and use productivity and revenue data in decisions by farmers, community leaders, partners and agriculture project staff.
* Liaise with CRS' Global Knowledge and Information Management (GKIM) team to provide technical guidance in the roll-out of other ICT-enabled data-collection tools, such as e-surveys, data visualization tools, and use of spatial data to support farm to landscape level activities.
Knowledge Management (40%)
* Work with the agriculture and livelihoods (A&L) and the knowledge management and learning (KML) teams to upgrade existing knowledge products and generate new products to share with country programs and partners.
* Support A&L and KML in applying behavior change strategies that lead to key outcomes, such as increased productivity and profitability and reduced food insecurity and poverty.
* Work with the A&L team to translate knowledge products into formats for multi-media consumption, such as written documents, web products and video, in collaboration with the PIQA KML team.
* Support the A&L team to design and implement a more diverse set of knowledge sharing events such as direct training, web-based trainings, team presentations, etc.
* Accelerate and adapt SMART Skills e-learning modules.
* Explore new ways to promote better accessibility and use of KML products by country programs, technical teams, business development and partners.
* Master's Degree in agricultural development, food security or knowledge management
* Five years international experience in an advisory, management, or knowledge management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO.
* Minimum of three years working with agriculture and livelihoods programming.
* French or Spanish preferred
Travel - up to 30%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.