Position Title: Supply Chain Accounting Intern
Reports to: Accountant
Location: Remote – USA
Employment Type: Temporary (3-6 months commitment; looking to start ASAP); Part-time (5-10hrs/week); Paid internship
Position Overview: The Supply Chain Accounting intern will assist the Supply Chain Accountant in organizing and processing a high volume of invoices related to purchase orders placed by the supply chain team. The intern will be learning at the intersection of supply chain orders and related invoice processing, seeing the level of detail and specifics needed to order for our patients as well as the complexity of processing invoices and related accounting follow-up.
- Reviewing and submitting invoices in Openboxes and Concur software systems, confirming proper approvals are included
- Downloading vendor statements and updating with notes
- Compiling invoices from various sources into single location
- Identifying and researching variances between purchase order and invoice
- Assist with ad hoc accounting requests and process improvements
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, and enrolled in Associates, Bachelors, or Master’s degree program.
- Experience with information systems or proven ability to learn new systems quickly
- Proficiency with automated accounting systems; advanced computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Word and Excel required)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving abilities
- Conscientious and attentive to details, as evidenced by prior work and education experience
- Demonstrated ability to present information effectively to project managers; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in social justice and the cause of global health equity
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mexico, Navajo Nation, Peru, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, United States), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Partners In Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
800 BOYLSTON STREET • SUITE 300 • BOSTON, MA 02199-8190 • T (857) 880-5100 • F (857) 880-5103 • WWW.PIH.ORG