We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisors (STA) for an anticipated USAID Natural Resource Management and Security Project in the Philippines (NRMS). The five-year project seeks to strengthen environmental resilience by reducing environmental crimes, developing the natural resource sector, and strengthening natural resource governance.
This position is subject to project award and funding. FHI 360 is recruiting for multiple positions.
FHI 360 is seeking Senior Technical Advisors (STA) for the anticipated Natural Resource and Security Project in the Philippines (NRSM). The five-year project seeks to strengthen environmental resilience by reducing environmental crimes, developing the natural resource sector, and strengthening natural resource governance. The STAs will provide technical leadership, support, and build capacity in the NRSM project, serving as a subject matter expert as well as helping oversee the day-to-day management of the program activities and implementation of the program work plan. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive, collaborative relationships among project and local partners.
- Provide natural resource management technical leadership and support to the Philippines NRSM project. This involves:
- Providing and coordinating technical assistance and capacity building;
- Designing and developing innovative and sustainable approaches and frameworks to strengthen environmental resilience, strengthen environmental governance and reduce environmental crimes, and enhance the environmental sector, including private sector approaches;
- Assisting program management and working alongside local partners to ensure program objectives are achieved
- Collaborate and build strategic partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders such as national government agencies, non-government organizations, law enforcement agencies, regional and local governments, private sector organizations, local communities (especially with key stakeholders such as women, indigenous peoples, smallholder farmers, and fisherfolks), and academic institutions
- Monitor and analyze project performance and provide support and recommendations to project teams to adapt programming to ensure achievement of project goals
- Master’s degree in natural resource management, environmental science, or a related technical field
- Ten years of technical experience in natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, forestry management, sustainable livelihoods and related fields
- Five years of project management or technical assistance experience with mid to large international donor programs in Asia-Pacific
- Applied knowledge of key tools, frameworks, and methodologies in natural resource management, environmental science, biodiversity conservation, and related disciplines
- Strong understanding of conservation work in the Philippines with knowledge of core technical and policy issues pertinent to natural resource security and management
- Proven ability to engage and partner with the private sector on development
- Ability to engage and work with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other key stakeholders within natural resource management
- Thought leadership, research, and published work in natural resource management and related disciplines a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Governance and conservation finance
- Gender equity and women’s empowerment in programs
- Social innovation and social enterprise models in programs
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Fluency in English, proficiency in Filipino preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.