from 25 February 2020 to 10 March 2020
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: One year
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This post is based in Damascus and falls under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Area Office and overall supervision by the Head of South Area Office.
The purpose of the assignment is to perform specialized and standardized to support the effective delivery of livelihoods activities assisting vulnerable, food insecure communities.
The Programme Assistant (Livelihoods) will work in the South Area Office and in collaboration with the other units of WFP
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all position holders).
- Support the development of livelihoods and resilience programming in the area of operation;
- Liaise with the concerned authorities, partners and other stakeholders on livelihood and resilience building projects;
- Undertake project identification, development, monitoring and technical supervision of livelihoods projects;
- Assess the training needs of relevant partner staff and support the design and implementation of appropriate capacity development training;
- Prepare regular implementation progress reports on livelihoods projects;
- Contribute to documenting lessons learnt and best practices in livelihood and resilience building programming in area of operation;
- Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University Degree in the related functional area is desirable, and proven experience in Livelihoods programming or the humanitarian field.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience related to food security, early recovery and livelihood programming. The operational areas covered by the Field Office include a diverse range of livelihood programmes. Candidates should highlight previous programmatic and technical experience in one or both of the following livelihood portfolios:
- Rural livelihoods: focus on agricultural production (household-level and smallholder farmers) and infrastructure rehabilitation activities (project management);
- Urban livelihoods: focus on labour-market analysis, vocational skills assessments, strengthened employability and job facilitation.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.