We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Officer for an anticipated multiyear project improving the utilization of health services for underserved ethnic minority populations in western and southwestern China.
The Program Officer will work under the direction of the Senior Program Officer. S/he will provide administrative assistance and support to project. S/he will collect, compile, and analyze information relevant to projects (e.g., update manuals, assist with proposal, process more complicated paperwork). S/he will provide administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to project management and execution. The Program Officer will also monitor project budgets and assist in the creation/review of work plans. S/he will coordinate with technical team and prepare presentations and support other related project objectives and deliverables.
- Collaborates with the project management team to assist in ensuring project needs and requirements are met.
- Provides support to project management, such as planning for and arranging meetings and conference room setup, supporting travel requests, and taking on sub-task assignments.
- Collects existing information (metrics, data, etc.) for use in reports, reaching out to subcontractors, grantees, and partners for external information.
- Maintains distribution list for project reports.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires.
- Coordinates assigned project activities.
- Assists in the management of the project calendar to ensure project deadlines are being achieved.
- Sets up and maintains electronic and physical project files.
- Provides administrative support to projects as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews and contributes to work plans.
- Supports project/project teams administratively to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Fulfills other administrative and special project duties as assigned.
- Assists to draft and contributes to the development and management of contracts and grants as needed or required.
- Assists with the coordination and tracking of performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Assists the project team with the coordination of budgets.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes cost information relevant to the project.
- Serves as the project liaison to internal units such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, public heath, or social sciences; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience with NGOs or funding organizations involving program implementation and management.
Superior written and oral communications skills in English
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.