Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
The position holder will be responsible to provide management, leadership and strategic direction for the Procurement function within the country according to Plan’s global logistics and procurement principles, policies, global standards as well as best practices while taking cognizant of the local environment and business needs in line/engaging with the Country Strategy linking up to the Plan International Global strategy.
In addition, the post holder is also responsible for ensuring the execution of overall procurement annual plan and adequate procurement support for the country to implement a wide variety of programs which includes developing systematic ways of handling the function and managing all contracts for procurement/purchasing, supplies and services, market assessments and analysis, and supplies costing.
Accountabilities And Main Work Activities
Strategic Leadership and Implementation (15%)
- Contribution to the broader Departmental level strategy as well as specific Procurement Strategy
- Developing Procurement operational plan
- Developing standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Developing Annual Procurement Plan from the jointly developed Project Operational Plans for the Country Office in conjunction with all stakeholders (department heads, Country Leadership Team (CLT)) and reports about progress
- Contribute to the broader departmental leadership as part of the department’s management team
- Overall responsible for the management and continuous improvement of country procurement function for all country programs (development and emergency projects)
- Identifying, manage and mitigate risk including fraud and corruption
Management and oversight of Procurement and Supply Management (40%)
- Ensure procurement operations are conducted in line with the organization policies, procedures and standards, and rollout of procedures and providing policies and procedures training
- Resolve bottlenecks and providing advises for the CO and field operations on the assigned area
- Contract management and vendor performance management and feedback
- Provide overall coordination and guidance for country wide market assessment, prequalification and LTA preparations
- Lead the effective procurement management to ensure goods and services are purchased on time to facilitate project implementation while ensuring the organization receives value for money.
- Ensure approval of the standard purchasing paperwork and processes in line with the Delegation of Authority (DOA) and related guidelines.
- Provide feedback and advice on the Procurement Plans of the Program Units ensuring they are prepared on time and are in line with Donor/ Plan policies requirements
- Effectively coordinate with the Global Central Procurement Team on all international procurements when necessary and manages importation and customs clearance with the support of the procurement staff.
- Ensure supplier database which is able to adequately serve the needs of the country programs at all levels (national level, country regional level set up as well as local level) is maintained and vendor performance is periodically assessed
- Oversee effectively the open and closed tender procedures and performs comprehensive analysis in close liaison the respective Tender committee members on a case by case basis and in line with the Operations Manual and local Procurement SOP
- Manage and oversee procurement contracts including troubleshooting, negotiation and supplier performance management
- Manage all importation and custom procedures ensuring the correct registration is in place in close collaboration with Supply Chain and Administration Manager
KPI Setting, Periodical Reporting and Compliance (10%)
- Define, implement and monitor operational KPIs for Procurement
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for key management decision making on major procurement issues, and prepare other procurement progress reports and shares these with all stakeholders regularly and pro-actively,
- Ensure compliance to donor, country and organizational policies
- Follow-up and implementation of audit actions
- Provide apt advice on the various grant rules and regulation and monitor transactions to ensure compliance at all times
- Provide capacity building for staff and concerned stakeholders on various procurement processes and donor procurement rules.
- Conduct procurement compliance checks on country and field offices
- Undertake analysis of monthly procurement reports, follow-up on arising issues to monitor procurement performance and take corrective action
- Cascade procurement related organization policy framework to all country procurement staff within the country while ensuring clear understanding and application at all times
- Analyze monthly procurement reports, follow up on arising issues to monitor procurement performance and take corrective action
Manage Stakeholders Engagement (30%)