FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
FHI 360’s Information Systems and Solutions Department has an exciting internship opportunity for individuals interested in growing their skills with Information Technology. Under close supervision, an Intern will perform entry level professional duties which will provide the opportunity for professional training in IT Administration, Network Analysis, and Cyber Administration. This internship is designed to serve as an opportunity for veterans through the Microsoft Systems Service Academy (MSSA) to gain experience in the civilian and technology field with broad exposure to a global nonprofit development organization.
This is a paid internship with a flexible schedule based on project needs.
Anticipated Duration: 1 year
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: $25.00/hour
Skills Gained and Learning Opportunities:
The Network, Server and Security Analyst is a 1-year rotational internship program that provides the following opportunities with various ISS teams to the selected individual:
- Practical experience with a large, global non-profit organization
- Training and assistance with monitoring, investigating, and responding to network issues and security alerts generated by the Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Bitdefender Antivirus system, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco Meraki, Office 365 security system, Azure, and other related security monitoring and control systems.
- Technical support and guidance from the ISS Operations Team Engineers to improve his/her skill in performing the assigned tasks.
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful research, technical, and/or program management professionals
- Experience working with an inter-disciplinary team addressing global development challenges
Anticipated Project(s) and Assignment Details:
FHI 360’s IT Operations Team works with infrastructure technologies such as cloud, server, storage, networking, and voice. The team works with Microsoft products and solutions including Office365, Azure, windows server, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Power BI, etc. and also leverages VMware for on premise hardware and virtual server environment. The IT Operations Team strategy is to build an enterprise network that can be accessed anytime, from anywhere, with any device. The team works with MEM, Intune, SCCM, Rapid7, MDM, MAM, mobility and security solutions to help secure the environment. The current project list consists of consolidating domains into a single domain, deploying Microsoft Intune globally for asset, MDM and patch management, administration around phishing, web filtering, antivirus and malware to the global user base.
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
The intern may contribute to various team or project activities under the direction of their supervisor in the following ways:
- Assists in investigating and responding to security events and alerts generated by security monitoring and control tools.
- Performs routine operational and preventative functions on phishing, filtering, traffic shaping, firewall auditing.
- Generates and reviews security reports from Bitdefender, Cisco Umbrella and Office 365 security systems.
- Assists in performing daily system check and monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Assists in conducting detailed analysis of operations, particularly in the development and testing of workflows, processes and procedures
- Engages in researching and exploring new developments in the IT security sector and communicate findings
- Attends meetings and discussion and acquire new skills.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent professional or military experience
- Must be a graduate of the of the Microsoft Software and Systems Academy
- Demonstrated interest in related subject area through studies, work experience, and/or personal travel
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Strong writing and research skills
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
Typical Physical Demands:
- Remote office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer
- Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail
- Telephone, printer, calculator, copier, PDAs and other hand-held devices.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.