Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization created in 1971, providing aid to populations in need, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to the people affected by armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
OCBA stands for Operational Centre Barcelona-Athens and is made up of four Operational Cells (OCs), the Emergency Unit and the Humanitarian Affairs Unit (HAU) and other departments or services supporting Operations.
MSF-OCBA is currently present in around 20 countries.
Our midwives work in different cultural contexts and have to be able to adapt to the ways of the local community and the reality of the reproductive lives of women there.
The types of projects that we assign to our midwives are very varied: opening a small maternity hospital in a rural setting, establishing a programme to respond to sexual violence problems, attending patients in a hospital in a city, etc. Our midwives work in diverse cultural contexts and in conflict zones. It is therefore necessary to be able to adapt to that specific reality.
· Midwifery recognized qualification essential.
· Minimum of two years’ work experience as registered midwife
· Experience in complicated deliveries and perinatal care.
· Demonstrable experience in family planning and mother-child care.
· Good level of English and French. Priority will be given to candidates with knowledge of both languages.
· Minimum availability of 12 months (divided into two missions of six months).
· User-level IT skills.
· Tropical medicine training desirable.
What we offer:
· Preparatory course before leaving to the field.
· Legal contract for the duration of the mission.
· The gross basic salary is approximately €1,500 (gross salary) per month during the first missions. After one year of service, the salary will be reviewed according to the employee's previous experience.
· The chance to develop professionally in an international organization. A profile manager from the HR department will monitor your professional development (career path, training, etc.) within the organization.
· The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and helping those most in need.