Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is implementing an Oracle Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning system, called “Insight” within the agency. The web-based, real-time system will help to give more visibility and controls of daily operations. The Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) Unit is working closely with the Project Insight team, which leads the overall project and IT management of the roll-out, to implement Insight where it’s needed and to support and train CRS supply chain staff who will use the software.
We are looking for a Master Data Manager to help us manage supply chain master data in the system, on behalf of our Country Programs. The Master Data Manager will set the supply chain master data management strategy for the agency. S/he will manage a team of Master Data Specialists and will be fully responsible for ensuring their coordinated and timely updates to master data elements, based on CP requests or system maintenance needs. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring master data and module architecture remain sound for each CP by managing a set of KPIs and working with relevant departments/staff to make continuous improvements.
• Oversee Insight MDM Specialists;
• Provide direction for master data creation and maintenance, and execution of change control process for supply chain and systems data;
• Drive supply chain master data quality initiatives to ensure data integrity and hygiene, including the identification of data quality measures; creation of supporting reports and dashboards; enforcement of data quality standards;
• Serve as the master data subject matter expert on various projects, establishing goals and objectives for the supply chain master data team in conjunction with other functional departments.
• Pursue continuous improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure that master data and architectural data are maintained according to prescribed policies, procedures, and design, as well as industry standards in terms of data accuracy and quality;
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of the Supply Chain MDM Operations Procedure Manual;
• Coordinate with GSCM, Finance, Audit, IDEA, GKIM, and regional teams for change activities and enabling future MDM strategy/capability for Insight;
• Oversee release management activities for Supply Chain, including Change Request analysis, promotion, development, implementation and change management, as well as Oracle quarterly release activities.
• Act as the supply chain representative in cross-functional workstream meetings, including the Insight Data Governance meetings.
• With GKIM, explore investment in Oracle-complementary technologies to improve master data management processes as well as data collection.
Supply Chain Data Analysis
• Develops and provides practical policies and standards for KPIs, reinforcing a culture of analytics and continuous improvement.
• Manages global analysis of supply chain performance indicators (KPI) evaluating the state of CRS supply chain. Identifies and reports on key areas of improvement within supply chain based on KPI analysis at the global level. Creates dashboards and data visualizations that can be given to various CRS audiences, including executive leadership. Evaluate GSCM internal KPIs based on team objectives.
• Maintains master compendium of KPIs and manages related SharePoint site;
• With the SC KML Advisor, design learning programs for staff to adopt KPIs for supply chain.
• With GKIM and SC KML Advisor, participate in data literacy programs at agency level to create a culture of evidenced based decision making.
• Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
• Strong strategic, analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented. Ability to be effective with minimal supervision
Required Language Skills: English
Desired Language Skills: French, Spanish, or Arabic
Travel Required (20%)
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain or related discipline. Master’s degree is preferred;
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience; supply chain experience is preferred;
• Knowledge of Master Data Management is required;
• Strong experience with ERP systems required; preferably Oracle.
• People management and project management experience are required;
• Knowledge of Process Excellence/Six Sigma, including a Green or Black Belt Certification, APICS Certification, or other related industry certification preferred;
• Ability to work in cross-regional and cross-functional teams, translate complex situations into simple working solutions, manage complexity, collaborate with all levels of management and influence decision-making across a matrix organization is required;
• Strong negotiation and creative problem-solving skills are required.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer:? This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)