from 25 February 2019 to 10 March 2020
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: One year
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Logistics Assistant for CBT will work in the South Area Office – Logistics Section and in collaboration with other units of WFP.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant (CBT) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to retailers and meet beneficiaries in regard to shop performance and provide feedback to Supply Chain CBT.
- Oversees the retailer onboarding process, including delivering of SCOPE (WFP data management platform) equipment to the service points and be responsible for withdrawing equipment and returning it to IT SCOPE Country Office/Field Office when service point is no longer on WFP contract.
- Assist Supply Chain CBT in increasing the number of contracted shops: in analysing the beneficiaries/shop situation in the respective area of responsibility, targeting the areas where competition is needed, assisting in the follow-up of target.
- Undertake micro retailer capacity assessments.
- Assist in the creation of intervention in the RoC system for each location.
- Take an active role in oversight missions in the governorate.
- Working on daily basis with the retailers, perform the reconciliation of commodities and invoices and proceed to the retailers payments using SCOPE, WINGS and ITS (WFP internal systems).
- Assist in the monitoring of retail payments and provide ad-hoc reports.
- Certify retailer invoices against the appropriate supporting documentation.
Assist with the completion of retailer performance evaluations.
Ensure that logistics staff are familiar with the latest logistics responsibilities for cash-based transfers intervention as per the approved business model.
12. Take active role in Syria Country Office CBT Technical working group to ensure a coordinated response, and to ensure that supply chain related risks and requirements are taken into consideration.
13. Provide CBT updates, data and reports upon request.
14. Assist with the retailer capacity building throughout the country, including session on food safety and quality; prepare relevant training material and conduct regular training sessions.
15. Assist in the preparation of standard operating procedures for CBT
16. Ensure that internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
17. Any other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of Secondary School Education. University Degree in Business, Banking , Accounting, Logistics, Economics, Engineering or other related field is a plus.
At least four (4) years of progressive experience in the fields of Supply Chain, Banking, Accounting, Retail or Wholesale, or Cash-Based transfer in the non-profit sector required.
Experience/knowledge in Retail is a plus.
Knowledge and skills :
- Attention to details and meticulous
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to various stakeholders requests.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, and courtesy.
- Mature judgment with good communication and interpersonal skills
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.