Plan International seeks a dynamic, passionate and engaging individual to fill the role of Gender Specialist for the USAID/Philippines Marawi Response Project to be based in Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Mindanao, the Philippines.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for leading gender assessment, Gender Equality Action Plan development and mainstreaming gender considerations in project activities. other responsibilities include: 1) provide technical support to the project management in implementing Plan International and USAID policy on gender and inclusion; 2) lead the gender assessment and Gender Equality Action Plan development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and; 3) facilitate capacity building of staff and partners on gender-transformative programming.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in gender studies, international affairs, economic development or another related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in gender and inclusion mainstreaming.
- Prior experience providing technical guidance on gender equality and women’s empowerment, and managing gender-transformative programs with international donors;
- Prior experience conducting gender analysis and gender equality action plans;
- Demonstrated experience in the capacity building of various stakeholders on gender and inclusion
- Experience supporting social inclusion and working with marginalized populations;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Experience working effectively with government officials, non-government partners, and USAID and/or other donors.
- Capacity to work effectively in different cultures.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.