Finance Assistant – Mozambique - Cabo Delgado
Number of positions: 2
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique through an integrated health, WASH, and protection program focused on
decreasing morbidity and mortality among the conflict-affected population.
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will support our day-to-day transactions, including the supervision of field cash payments, processing payments, maintaining cost reports, and managing invoices and receipts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
• Maintain cashbooks and accounts records and ensure payments are allocated to the correct project and budget line.
• Ensure that shared costs are allocated appropriately across projects.
• Ensure timely and accurate payment of volunteers and field transactions.
• Assist in developing and revising, as needed, FHI 360 operating, program, and project budgets.
• Confirm that payment related to field finance transactions have the necessary documentation as outlined in FHI 360
procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
• Ensure that all transactions are booked on daily basis into the cash book in accordance with guidelines.
• Ensure that proper authorization has been obtained before any payment takes place.
• Ensure that all vouchers are properly coded (project no., budget line and G/L account).
• Processing all payments in time.
• Assist the main office to monitor the prepaid expenses, outstanding advances and any other commitments.
• Maintenance of a proper and transparent filling system of all documents relation to finance.
• Confirm availability of funds before authorization of project expenditures.
• Ensure all financial transactions have the required supporting documents.
• Handling all finance related work when they are on leave.
• 1-2 years of experience providing Finance related responsibilities.
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, or a similar subject area.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems.
• Vocational or specialized training desired.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
• Fluent in Portuguese and excellent in English
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.