We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: ***Director of Finance and Administration (F&A*)** on a USAID-funded five-year $32.5m project called Ana Patsogogo Activity (APA), which aims to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among OVC, OVC caregivers and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Malawi. The estimated award start date, should FHI 360 secure this grant, is July 2020**.** Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Director of F&A will be responsible for overseeing project finances and other operational and administrative duties of the project. This includes establishing and maintaining appropriate internal controls to ensure compliance with USG rules and regulations, award requirements, organizational policies and procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity. S/he will report to the Chief of Party (COP) of the APA award.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all finance and operations (F&O) functions and departments, including financial management, budgeting, accounting, contracts and grants (C&G) management, procurement, human resources (HR), information and communication technology (ICT), administration and logistics.
- Supervises all grant management activities (both for prime award and subaward management) and reporting on grant performance, i.e. contractually required deliverables.
- Coordinates financial, technical and management inputs to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring timely preparation of donor financial reports.
- Responsible for managing audits and following up on any findings/recommendations, both at prime and sub-awardee level.
Minimum Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or any related field and a professional accreditation will be required, Masters Preferred.
- At least 8 progressive years of experience as a Senior Finance and Operations Manager with USAID-funded project(s).
- Must have a strong financial, business management and/or administration background.
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency in ICT including basic accounting software and Microsoft Package (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Malawian nationals/residents preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.