Job Title: Deputy Regional Director -- Management Quality [DRD/MQ]
Dept/Location: Southern Africa Regional Office [SARO] -- TBD
Reports To: SARO Regional Director [RD]
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) within the region, the Deputy Regional Director for Management Quality (DRD/MQ) supports the work of the Regional Director, the Country Representatives, Heads of Operations, Heads of Programs, Chiefs of Party, Technical Advisors and others for the efficient delivery of CRS' mission in the region. The DRD/MQ acts as the regional team leader for supervision of the Operations portfolio and for coordinating Operations across multiple units. S/he is responsible for promoting excellence in Operations and stewardship of resources, ensuring proper management of financial, human and material resources and information systems, and for contrib uting to regional and agency strategy development. The DRD/MQ provides oversight of the regional security portfolio in coordination with the RD.
Supervises (direct): Regional Advisor (Supply Chain, Project Insight), Regional ICT Manager, Administrative staff
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
* Master's degree in development, business administration/management or related fields;
* Minimum of seven years' experience in non-profit management with a large organization, including at least 3 years in a developing country; significant prior operations experience with CRS preferred;
* Knowledge and familiarity with USG rules and regulations a plus;
* Demonstrated understanding of industry standards and management best practices;
* Demonstrated leadership skills;
* Willingness to travel to and work in difficult environments including emergency response;
* Estimated travel requirement: 50% of the time;
* Language: Fluency in English and French is required;
CRS' recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.