CRS JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
Job Title: Chief of Party I
Type of Post (if applicable): i.e. accompanied/spouse
FLSA Status: For HR Use Only
Salary grade: For HR Use Only
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Chief of Party I you will provide leadership and overall management of the XXX project to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in (RESPCTIVE)field. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
* Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
* 7 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
* 5 years experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
Required Languages - List languages required to perform the job
Travel - include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to X %.
* Recognized leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.