Position Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-4
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year w/ possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 08 July 2020
Salary: Php 511,035 per annum net of taxes
This position will be base in Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), Philippines and may only be filled by the country's nationals.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Sr. Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and the direct supervision of the Head, MAC-Accounts Payable, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the accounting and finance functions of the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre which primarily involve the Liability and Expense accounts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the field of accounting or finance, audit experience would be an advantage; or
- Completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent an advantage.
- Experience in accounting and auditing;
- High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel application;
- Working knowledge in SAP;
- Experience in the UN system or international/multicultural environment an advantage;
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze financial information and accounting entries, examine documentation and reconcile discrepancies.