FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan.
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR, direct and operational supervision of the AFAOR, in close collaboration with the admin and program team, the Travel Specialist will be responsible for the following activities:
The Travel Specialist performs a large variety of routine functions managing and assisting the processing of tasks related to the travel.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Developing and implementing travel procedures for FAO AZ in close coordination with UNDSS
• Providing advice on travel arrangements and logistics.
• Conducting research and providing recommendations on travel safety and security.
• Coordinating visa applications, including necessary documentation and requirements.
• Coordinating in the preparation and submission of travel expense claims.
• Liaising with travel agencies, airlines, and other service providers to ensure cost-effective and efficient travel arrangements.
• Providing pre-travel briefings to travelers including information on travel risks, cultural considerations, and emergency procedures.
• Managing travel-related incidents or disruptions and providing appropriate solutions.
• Collecting and analyzing travel data to identify cost-saving opportunities, and areas for improvement.
• Preparing regular reports on travel expenses, including budget utilization, cost savings, and compliance with travel policies.
• Maintaining accurate records and databases related to travel bookings, itineraries, and expenses.
• Researching and recommending travel options, accommodations, and transportation.
• Coordinating travel bookings, including flights, accommodations, and ground transportation.
• Preparing a new arrival briefing package
• Performing other related tasks, as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree or a relevant training in administration, business management, finance or related field.
• 3 years of relevant experience in administration, travel or project management support.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English is required. Fluency in Azerbaijani is an asset.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/ functional skills
• Experience delivering similar tasks.
• Experience with UN systems will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge or ability to learn and understand the FAO Guidelines.