Desired start date: 15/04/20**
Duration of the mission:** 12 months
Location: Amman in Jordania or Erbil in Iraq
QUE FAISONS NOUS …
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs
The Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 25 million USD budget forecasted for 2020.
DESCRIPTIF DU POSTE
The logistics coordinator steers a mission’s logistical activities in order to ensure that Solidarités International in-country programs run smoothly. He implements Solidarités International mission procedures and logistical tools, and ensures that they are properly used.
He is the point of reference for the mission and serves as the link between headquarters and the mission for all matters relating to logistics.
The main challenges:
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director – Support, and the Logistics Desk manager, the Logistics Coordinator will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned mission.
- The supply for North East Syria will be ensured by a supply hub, directed by a supply coordinator
- He/she will organize logistics support for the SI’s Syrian mission, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
- He/she will assist the Country Director in the implementation of safety rules.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Upgrading the logistics department capacity to answer the needs from the field.
- Insuring the compliance of the process with SI’s standards
- Training and follow up of all the newly recruited team
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Supply management: Analyze the purchasing environment at the national level and compile the purchasing environment analyses performed by logisticians.
- Computer equipment management and monitoring: Offer technical assistance to the teams and organize training sessions.
- Stock management: Ensure compliance with Solidarités International storage procedures and format usage
- Vehicle fleet Equipment park / telecommunications management
- Human resource management: Provide support and training materials to logistics officers. Appraise personnel under direct supervision and participate in performance reviews for mission logistics officers. Organize regular formal meetings with team members
- Security: Together with the coordination team, determine the resources to implement in order to ensure the teams’ security
- Reporting / capitalization: Consolidate, process and analyze monthly logistics reports of the bases and carry out logistics reporting to headquarters on a predefined schedule
ORG CHART POSITION (REPORTING AND FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS)
- Line manager: Deputy Country Director for Supports
- Line report(s) on base: Procurement logistics officer, logistics coordinator assistant
- Functional manager: Headquarters Desk Logistician
- Functional report(s): Logisticians
- Bachelor degree in a field related to logistics
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a similar position
- Previous experiences in the humanitarian field compulsory.
- Autonomous, organize, ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
- Strong computer skills essential (Pack office, excel)
- English: fluent with excellent writing capacities
- Arabic: fluent will be an asset
SI VOUS OFFRIRA LES CONDITIONS SUIVANTES
A salaried post:starting from 2640 € gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly), according to experience (+100€/year of humanitarian experience on an equivalent position +50€/year of experience on a non-equivalent position), and a monthly Per Diem of 785 USD in Amman & 750 USD in Erbil.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break ( during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 750 USD allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Family & Accommodation Pack: This position gives access to the family and accommodation pack.
Key information about living conditions
The candidate will be based in Amman or Erbil with frequent movement to North East Syria (50% of the time) to allow closer proximity to the sites of project implementation. The candidate will be accommodated in the guesthouse in Amman or Erbil. The per diem rate is 785 USD a month. Living conditions in Amman & Erbil are very good and staff has access to a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars. Most of occidental products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible there.
Specific constraints related to security
Security level is high in NES justifying specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. In NWS security conditions have been improving in 2018 but no access for internationals and very unlikely to change in 2018.