Desired start date: As soon as possible
Duration of the mission: 6 months (extension possible)
Location: Northeast Syria – RAQQA
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The SI Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 25 million USD budget forecasted for 2020.
ABOUT THE JOB
SI is looking for a Distribution Program Manager, based in Erbil with regular movements to NES and managing our activities in Northeast Syria, for the region of Raqqa.
Placed under the supervision of the Field Coordinator for Programs.
The program manager Distribution is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals.
(S)he is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program.
(S)he guarantees the good performance and the quality of the distributions, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
Main activites :
- Diagnosis and project design: Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics and Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Implementation and operational monitoring: Plan and oversee the implementation of Distributions. that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Capitalization : Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Reporting / communications / representation: Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
Specific stakes and challenges:
- Plan and oversee the implementation of Distributions. that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Plan the Distributions with the support Departments (administrative, logistics), according to objectives
- Use management, activity, results, and context monitoring tools
- Bachelor degree in a field related to project management
- Minimum of a first experience in distribution project management
- Proven previous experience in unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country).
- Experience in remote project management would be an asset.
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building of staff.
Soft skills and spirit:
Strong management skills
Display initiative with solid organizational and communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Arabic or Kurdish will be an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Solidarités International will offer you:
A salaried position: from 1980 euros gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) according to experience, and a monthly per diem of 750 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses which are spacious and very comfortable.
In Erbil, the security situation is stable (no curfew), with possibilities to socialize due to the presence of other INGOS and places to socialize (bars, restaurants, etc).
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/