The monitoring and evaluation of Curitiba's Food and Nutrition Security Policy are factors that deserve a deeper look, because on the one hand there are actions internationally recognized for their innovation in combating food insecurity, and on the other hand their impact on the local population is lacking. Of measurement. It is expected that this proposal will identify different ways and methods, as a result, the various indicators that aim to measure SAN at a population level, seeking to verify the result of SAN actions through the implementation of impact indicators that will allow it to develop and consolidate policies on this topic in our region, and demonstrate their potential to be replicated nationally and internationally, similar to the Milan Pact.
The incumbent reports to the Assistant Representative in FAO Brazil - Programme
Carry out a case study on food supply systems and public equipment for food and nutritional security in Curitiba-PR.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Elaborate Work Plan, in a model established by FAO, containing the development strategy of all consulting products, which must be delivered together with the first product to be presented.
• Participate in technical meetings with the SESAN team and other necessary ones, as required by the consulting coordination and work needs;
• Carry out systematization and analysis of the Governance of the Municipality in the SAN theme over the years;
• Perform survey and systematization of information regarding the programs carried out by SMSAN in partnership with the State and Federal Government, aimed at building sustainable urban and peri-urban agrifood systems and combating food insecurity;
• Carry out identification of threats and opportunities related to the Solidarity Table, Urban Agriculture, Family Warehouse and other short marketing circuits projects;
• Propose mechanisms and management tools to improve projects;
• Share knowledge and appropriation of instruments used nationally and globally to measure the impacts of SAN Programs in the community served (indicators). To this end, the work methodology involves the following steps:
- Diagnosis of the SAN situation in the city of Curitiba;
- Study in loco to survey and systematize the SAN initiatives carried out by SMSAN;
- Exchange of knowledge between cities that have a connection with SAN practices in Curitiba.
- Identification of similar experiences worldwide for FAO expert advice in the areas of:
- Governance in SAN (Professionalization).
- Alliances and partnerships between family farming, its cooperatives and food security policies;
- Diagnosis of the scope of food security and mapping the invisibility of hunger in the municipality;
- Partnerships with 2nd and 3rd sector;
- Mobilization, integration, and community self-management.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
• Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Sciences or Human Sciences; PhD in any field;
• At least of 5 (five) years of experience in activities related to Family Farming and/or Supply Policies and/or Agricultural Policy and/or Agrifood Systems;
• Working knowledge (level C) of Portuguese; basic knowledge (level A) of English would be an asset;
• Brazilian Nationality or other legally authorized to work in Brazil.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
THE INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE MUST BE COMPLETED IN PORTUGUESE