Plan International is currently implementing the project, Moving Urban Poor Communities towards Resilience (MOVE UP) Phase 4. This is an urban disaster risk reduction project implemented by a consortium of international NGOs. The project aims to improve the disaster risk reduction and management in the target areas via the use of Alternative Temporary Shelter (ATS), resilient livelihoods and risk transfer modalities. This is implemented in select municipalities in Iligan and Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, Philippines.
In this regard, Plan International Philippines invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
SOCIAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST
- Provide technical support and guidance to Plan project staff and consortium partners.
- Develop activity design outlines for the Social Protection activities.
- Provide capacity building for relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct technical visits in the project areas and identify the needs and gaps of project staff and provide appropriate technical support.
- Implement development education strategies to raise the awareness of the public and relevant bodies about PLAN and to secure their active involvement in the causes of the project.
- Manage the differing and competing needs of the stakeholders to maintain value-added relationships.
- This role is based in Makati City, Metro Manila and will have frequent travel to project sites.
- A graduate of Social Work, Community Development, or Other related courses
- Has at least five (5) years experience in community development and governance programs.
- Has adept knowledge of social protection programs in the Philippines.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong competency in critical thinking, result-oriented, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex and varied workload, often to tight deadlines.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.