We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Finance Officer for an anticipated multiyear project improving the utilization of health services for underserved ethnic minority populations in western and southwestern China.
The Senior Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Operations Manager. S/he is responsible for the complete cycle of financial management for program activities, including budgeting, payments, accounting, financial reporting, subrecipient financial management, and coordination of audits. S/he will coordinate financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring to ensure the fiscal well-being of the organization. S/he also will provide financial management and guidance, conduct analyses of financial data, provide budget analyses for project funds, and review and prepare required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor's requirements.
- Conducts pre-award and site visit reviews; assists with the development of implementing partner (IP) budgets and training of IP finance staff;
- Conducts pre-audits on vouchers, invoices, and all supporting documents for all payments related to project activities to verify correctness and completeness.
- Monitors monthly expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing monthly and ad hoc reports. Follows up on issues identified through field visits and MFR reviews.
- Reviews all financial and accounting areas for accuracy and proper report content and coordinates with Finance Team of FHI 360 Asia-Pacific Regional Office (APRO) on relevant issues (e.g. finance accounting, procurement, and consultant agreements, etc.).
- Maintains the program accounting system and financial files to provide management with financial information required for monitoring, evaluating and decision making, and submits the monthly accounting report for review.
- Coordinates with APRO to ensure quality and timely financial reporting such as month-end closing, expenditures tracking and pipeline analysis, and donor financial reports.
- Coordinates with auditors, FHI/APRO and HQ on program and IP audits and ensures that findings and recommendations of auditors are followed up.
- Handles tax declaration in relation to FHI 360 Kunming Office properly and ensures all relevant taxes should be reported and paid in a timely, correct manner.
- Assists with preparation of financial data for FHI 360 Kunming Office as part of the project reports required for submission to the provincial government.
- Supports the preparation of annual budget for the project to be consistent and in compliance with FHI 360 and donor requirements.
- Recommends and develops financial management regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master Degree, major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience responsible for accounting, finance and operational management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO) or experience working with an international organization.
- Experience in funding management is a plus.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.