Plan International Philippines is currently implementing a USAID - funded Marawi Response Project. The project's goal is to support the return to the homes of internally displaced people (IDP) due to the Marawi Crisis. In line with this, Plan International is seeking committed and passionate individuals to fill the role indicated below.
The Security Coordinator ensures that the standard security requirements of Plan International Philippines are implemented and enforced within the Marawi Response Project. He/She will coordinate with relevant partners for effective security processes and procedures that aim to further improve Plan’s overall security management in the covered areas of the project. He/She will strengthen the security management structure of the project and improve the overall preventive security management. This role will be based in IliganCity, Lanao del Sur, Philippines.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in this role you will need among other things:
- University graduate related to the role. Certified in basic life support, preferably on paramedic level.
- Has relevant training in security management.
- Has a minimum of two years' work experience in a similar role, preferably with an I/NGO.
- Has experience in conducting security and safety analysis.
- Experience in working with child-focused and/or humanitarian development organizations is an advantage.
- Experience in emergency response and relief operations is an advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of the security issues and working culture in the Mindanao context.
- Applicants must have a right to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.