Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)H (no hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate TypeInternship
Target Start Date2023-07-01
Job Posting End DateJune 1, 2023
Terms of ReferenceGeneral background
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an exciting opportunity for an intern to join the Private Sector Partnerships team in the UNHCR offices in Athens, Greece.
Established in December 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect and assist refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. UNHCR works in over 130 countries to protect and care for over 101 million people.
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Service works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels. The primary purpose of PSP in Greece is to generate income from both Individual Giving donors (IG), as well as Corporates, Foundations and Private Philanthropists (PPH), to sustain UNHCR activities worldwide.
UNHCR's Internship Program offers eligible students and recent graduates at the Country Offices the unique opportunity to gain hands-on practical work experience in the humanitarian sector in an international environment and to understand UNHCR's core mandate. This learning opportunity aims to attract talented candidates who bring diverse profiles and knowledge, innovative thinking and different ideas to the UNHCR's workplace.
The PSP Intern will support PSP Greece activities, under the overall supervision of the Senior PSP Operations Associate and in coordination with the whole PSP Greece team.
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services is part of the Division of External Relations and works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels. This PSP Intern will part of PSP Greece team (which is part of PSP Europe Region) based in the UNHCR Office located in Athens.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Senior PSP Operations Associate and in coordination with the whole PSP Greece team, the PSP Intern (Face-to-Face) will support PSP Greece activities, performing the following tasks:
• Support the team with phone/email/mailing communication with the donors acquired in the F2F campaign;
• Regularly take on the clearing and organizing of the F2F donor segment of the CRM database;
• Follow-up on requests and manage the applications received from the F2F agents;
• Support the communication with F2F suppliers, material stock/distribution management and visibility items;
• Assist PSP with database refinements to be made in order to support digital F2F activities;
• Proactively or upon request research on content and creatives that would further help F2F activities;
• Support in archiving of F2F materials;
• Support PSP Greece team in organizing meetings and events;
• Completing other administrative duties as assigned.
Essential minimum qualifications required
The ideal candidate will be required to have followings:
• Be a recent graduate (completed your studies within one year of applying to this internship) or current student in graduate/undergraduate school program for a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO in the areas of international relations, marketing & communications, law, economics, etc;
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest of the work of the Organization;
• Share UNHCR’s ambition to work with the private sector and raise funds to support refugees;
• Have good communication skills, analytical, research and organizational skills;
• Have good writing and typing skills;
• Fluency in Greek and English is mandatory.
Desirable skills, qualifications:
• Proficient in MS Office;
• Some experience with databases (CRM) and data entry;
• Digital and social media knowledge;
• Team player and able to work under pressure, with tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Athens, Greece with the possibility of teleworking from home.
The internship is associated with an internship agreement for 6 months, with a possibility of extension up to a total period of 8 months. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
This is a paid internship as per UNHCR policy.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19 by a vaccine that is approved by WHO, unless the candidate is based in a location with documented lack of access to COVID-19 vaccines.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly by HR and invited for an interview. For more information, please check UNHCR’s websites (www.unhcr.org).
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Standard Job Description
Required Languages Greek
Other informationThis position doesn't require a functional clearance