Why Population Services International (PSI)? We’re Population Services International “PSI”, a –global non-profit organization focused on the encouragement of healthy behavior and affordability of health products and services. PSI was founded in 1970 to improve reproductive health using commercial marketing strategies and has expanded to work in over 50 countries in the areas of malaria, family planning, HIV, diarrhea, pneumonia, and sanitation. PSI works in partnership with local governments, ministries of health, and local organizations to create health solutions that are built to last.
PSI is headquartered in Washington, D.C. (USA) and its European office is in Amsterdam (Netherlands). A hallmark of PSI is a commitment to the principle that health services and products are most effective when they are accompanied by robust communications and distribution efforts that help ensure wide acceptance and proper use. for further information on PSI’s work refer to www.psi.org
PSI has been operating in Somalia since 2007 and has managed health programs worth over $100 million across the country. Working in partnership with the private and public sector and other development partners, PSI/Somalia (PSI/Som) provides life-saving products, clinical services, and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) interventions that improve the health of Somali women, children, and vulnerable populations. We address the most serious health challenges affecting resources, poor and vulnerable communities in Somalia and Somaliland, including Reproductive Health, Diarrhoea, Pneumonia, and Malnutrition. Our approach harnesses the vitality of the private sector while strengthening the oversight by the public sector, to improve health outcomes for “Amina”, our archetype that focuses our interventions.
What are we looking for?
PSI/SOM seek to enter into Long Term Agreement with a qualified Agency for the provision of Human Resources Management Services with demonstrated capacity to manage contracts for field-based project staff. These staff will be employees of the Human Resource Management Agency who perform project activities on behalf of PSI. All staffing and work services provided by the recruited staff will take place in Mogadishu in a partner’s office.
PSI- is seeking Proposals from qualified Somalia-based Human Resource Management Agencies with demonstrated capacity to manage contracts for field-based project staff. This ToR provides background information, objectives of the activity, scope of the required services, the deliverables and eligibility for application.
- Contracting and managing field staff on behalf of PSI and ensuring the contracts are fully compliant with Somalia Labour law.
- Monitor timely update of personnel records (personal details, contract terms, and condition, employee life cycle, salary, appraisal outcomes, leave records, training, and awards)
- Onboarding and induction for staff, in collaboration with PSI, ensure the project staff to receive comprehensive orientation and training.
· Meeting the Employer’s legal duty of care towards its staff through appropriate security trainings, briefings, risk assessments, contingency planning, and critical incident management and response.
· Mitigate risks through local knowledge, networks, training, and planning and offer a 24-hour global medical and emergency response capability as well as reliable high-risk insurance for our staff.
· Administration of Insurance covers- medical, political violence, and abduction/missing staff per the HR Firm’s policies
- Performance Management**-** ensure all staff have approved MBOs (performance goals) upon arrival and at the start of each performance period, constant and documented feedback is done throughout, mid-year and year-end reviews are conducted
- Timekeeping- Ensure project staff complete their timesheets on daily basis and submitted for approval at the end of the reporting period.
- Leave and Absence Management- put in place a leave management system that tracks leave applications and approvals
- Compensation and Benefits Management- Payroll processing and Payment
- Preparation and payment of salaries and fees through multiple channels; handling of complex banking and money-transfer relationship
- Tax management- Reporting, filing, and payment of applicable taxes
- Communication and Customer Relations Management- how frequently PSI will receive updates and progress reports.
The RFP process will result in a Long-Term Agreement of an initial period of one year and is renewable up to a period of three years subject to satisfactory performance.
If you are interested and have what it takes, please register your organization by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th April 2021
To receive full documents of the Request for Proposal, please include on the RFP Registration the words “RFP” in the subject line and in the mail message: Agency name, contact name, phone number, and e-mail address. In response, PSI will send you the full RFP document.
All proposals, including appendices and all supporting documents, must be submitted via EMAIL to email@example.com on or before 22nd April 2021.
Please make sure that:
· Documents are virus-free and no more than 2 email transmissions.
· They must be free from any form of virus or corrupted contents, or the quotations shall be rejected.
· Your bid documents reach the address above on or before the deadline.
· Bid documents received after the deadline indicated above, for whatever reason, shall not be considered for evaluation.
PSI-SOM does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any proposal and is not bound to give reasons for the decisions made thereof. All Bidders are responsible for the cost of preparing proposal documents or any other costs incidental to this RFP before, during or after the tendering process.