Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)H (no hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate TypeInternship
Target Start Date2023-10-01
Job Posting End DateSeptember 13, 2023
Terms of ReferenceResponsabilities:
- To support research on a wide range of subjects related to refugee protection, border management and asylum policy and practice relevant in the EU context, including international and European refugee and human rights law;
- To review and analyze relevant reports issued by Frontex, other EU actors, civil society organizations or the media;
- To provide statistical analysis of refugee and migration trends in Europe;
- To assist in the implementation of various initiatives undertaken by the UNHCR Liaison Office to Frontex, designed to promote and assess the application of international and European refugee and human rights law, particularly in areas of relevance to the work of Frontex;
- To assist in the drafting of minutes of meetings, reports or advocacy documents prepared by UNHCR;
- To assist in the preparation of UNHCR or Consultative Forum-led meetings and events, and to attend conferences and meetings on topics of relevance to UNHCR as necessary, as well as support to follow-up action;
- To assist with other tasks that may arise
- Knowledge of asylum and migration in the EU context, interest in researching policies and legislation on access to protection, human rights in the EU migratory context.
- In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
• Be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme, preferable in political sciences and / or international relations, from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
Standard Job Description
Desired Languages English
EducationBachelor of Arts (BA): Migration and Asylum
Other informationCandidates who are not nationals of Poland must hold a valid residence/work permit in Poland at the time of application.
The Food and Local Transportation Allowance in Warsaw is currently 2,765.25 PLN/month.This position doesn't require a functional clearance