At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The CSIS Energy Security and Climate Change Program is hiring a program manager to oversee a wide range of program components, including providing support for research projects, executing program events, supervising external outreach, and managing social media and program branding. The program manager will be responsible for key tasks which enable the ESCC program to create superlative research products and enhance the program’s ability to reach key audiences in government, civil society, industry, and the public. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to research projects in collaboration with senior staff.
The minimum salary annual for this position is $70,000.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the coordination of private and public events for the Program, including large-scale conferences, online events, private roundtables and workshops, and policymaker and stakeholder briefings.
• Develop and supervise external communication, including dissemination of program publications, strategic outreach, and media products in all formats.
• Contribute to external and internal outreach by developing educational materials, written materials for the web, and designing communication plans.
• Assist program director in researching and drafting research and educational products.
• Maintain up-to-date contact databases and stakeholder maps.
• Work with project leads and Program Director to ensure successful project administration and implementation.
• Represent the program, as needed, at internal and external meetings.
• Liaise with CSIS communications, External Relations, and related programs to drive program outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• 3+ years professional experience that brings familiarity with a broad range of energy and climate issues and U.S. policy.
• Excellent writing and communication skills to contribute to Project research and effectively present information to internal/external stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively with a range of individuals with diverse interests, backgrounds, and dispositions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a resumé and cover letter through https://careers.csis.org/.