At CSIS we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented groups.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS seeks an intern to support the President’s Office and the Development Office. This internship is a joint internship supporting CSIS’s Development and President’s offices. The Development office strategically develops and strengthens financial support from corporations, foundations, governments, and individuals to advance CSIS’s institutional goals and objectives. The President’s office helps set the substantive and administrative vision for the Center while engaging in a large amount of outreach to donors and thought leaders. The internship supports both offices in all of these main functions.
This position is paid an hourly rate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Developing strategy documents for seeking out new funding from corporations and foundations
• Prepare materials for donor meetings and events
• Editing and writing letters to donors for the President’s signature
• Answering the President’s Office phone line
• Assisting staff with events logistics for high-level donor briefings and roundtables
• Updating contact database and developing a system for managing this process
• Assisting with ad hoc projects for the President’s Office
• Developing templates and a guide for future interns to help them get oriented to this position
• Must be able to work full time (3 months consecutively) from June - September
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least a college junior, graduate student, or a recent graduate
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Interest in fundraising, organizational management, and/or donor engagement
• Ability to work independently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performances of duties require the regular use of a computer, ability to move throughout the building, greet guests, and occasionally serve beverages and lift up to ten pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please submit your resume, cover letter and college transcript at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com/