The purpose of the M&E Officer position is to support with specific technical competences to project implementation. M&E Officer provide technical assistant to in-country staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the country mission by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful M&E systems.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to Balance score card and M&E minimum standards
- Provide updates and verification of status reports
- Ensure proper filing of documents and reports
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the programme
- Assist in development of data collection tools and support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Assist in data management, entry and analysis.
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
- Responsible for data collection, management/protection, analysis, visualization including mapping of NRC’s interventions for all the projects.
- Work closely with the program teams; ensuring data use and learning throughout the project cycle management processes.
- Ensure that Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism for NRC/staff accountability is in place and utilized.
- Supporting with verification of projects supporting documents and programme reports
- Other activities agreed and discussed with M&E and WASH Coordinators
- University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems Management, or related qualification. Additional training in M&E and data management is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in an NGO preferably in humanitarian setting.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- At least 2 years’ experience in map designing, using QGIS on any other software
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook),
- Data analysis skills both qualitative and quantitative The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country. Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.