Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 30th May, 2022.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to support the implementation of the World Bank ANRIN Project in Niger state of Nigeria. The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project FAD/donor requirements. The role's support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations. The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant guidelines.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Communicates with the M&E Manager and across Plan International Nigeria and field level implementing partners. The post holder will support the establishment and utilization of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system for the project. The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination. The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Project Manager, M&E Manager and other relevant staff, the M&E officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure proper understanding of the World Bank Independent verification methodology.
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly project target review sessions.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Support leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field team and the M&E Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audit
- Support field level partners staff, Community Health Committee (CHC) and Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) in designing, developing and deploying tools for community-based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Lead in the conduct of assessments, field level Market price, and post distribution monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners
- Ensures that Plan International's global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International's Code of Conduct (COC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors' degree and minimum of 3 years' work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs, with an organization with a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience with Plan International or local partner organization is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.