Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission, overall supervision of Programme Support Unit Coordinator, close coordination with Programme Managers, and direct supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Core Functions / Responsibilities
In close coordination with the PSU and programme units, support the development of new programmes/ projects with focus on the M&E components, especially the results matrix and ensure that outcome, output and indicators are SMART and consistence with the M&E and donor requirements.
Support the development of and oversee the review of project level M&E plan, workplans and action points arising from kick-off and review meetings for each project or activities as reflected in the results matrix and results monitoring framework.
Develop TORs and/or manage M&E such as surveys, monitoring, assessments, data collection, evaluations (mid-term and final evaluation) to be carried out by consulting firms/third party monitor or donor, using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods and ensure its compliance with M&E requirements.
Design and implement surveys, interviews and studies required for M&E of programmes/ projects and evaluations (outcome, impact evaluations in particular) and ensure quality control of M&E outputs, survey, data verification, and analytical tasks.
Ensure mentoring and training of project team and implementing partners to foster capacity building on M&E knowledge.
In collaboration with the project teams, support the development of M&E data collection and quality assurance tools for projects or programmes while ensuring that M&E arrangements comply with donor agreements.
Review M&E system/mechanism, processes and procedures as well as M&E database for projects; AAP system and referral complaints/feedback both externally and internally. Where necessary maintain/update or develop corrective actions or support.
Monitor project progress through frequent field trips and offer feedback and keep regular communication/ meetings with the field team, programme units, PSU, other clients and respond accordingly.
In collaboration with the programme managers/project focal points and PSU; support the overall integration/implementation of M&E outputs/findings and recommendations in existing and new projects and support the lessons-learned or learning events for knowledge management.
Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly or annual programmes/projects reviews meetings, participatory impact assessments, process and operations monitoring, real-time, mid-term and final evaluations reports.
Consolidate and analyze data on project implementation and indicators to facilitate progress monitoring and guide data collection process in coordination with the field monitoring teams and reporting focal points.
Provide general administrative and technical support to the MEAL team, including meetings, capacity building/training sessions, mentoring, guidance, tools, and any other related issues, including internal communication.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
· Master’s Degree; in Economics, Statistics, Communication, Computer/IT Studies, Information management, Social Sciences, International Relations or related field from an accredited academic institution; or
· University degree in the fields mentioned above with four years of experience in carrying out monitoring, evaluation, interviews, focus group discussions, data collection, survey, post distribution monitoring and assessments.
Experience and Skills
· Experience working with encoding qualitative and quantitative data into simple databases.
· Knowledge of analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
· Skill in coordination of external donor evaluations and management of the third-party monitors.
· Practice working knowledge with data collection tools such as: ODK, KOBO and Mobenzi.
· Work experience with UN and international organizations.
· Ability to facilitate trainings and design materials.
· Experience to design or review log frames and reporting.
- Excellent command of English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)