Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Coordinator
Programmes and Influencing
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
Plan International in partnership with Instiglio and the Jacobs Foundation will implement the Education Outcome Fund Programme (EOF) under the Ghana Accountability and Learning Outcomes Programme (GALOP). The programme aims to improve the quality of education in low performing basic education schools and strengthen education sector equity and accountability in Ghana. The Programme will run for a period of 4 years and will be implemented across 3 regions in Ghana (North East, Savana and Bono East) and 11 districts. The Project will support a total of 240 communities/schools.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC) will support the implementation of project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans. The MELC will play a vital role in supporting the Ghana Programmes by supporting reporting to project funders and the ongoing generation of evidence on the efficacy and impact of the Team Up project. This is a key support role, suitable for candidates who wish to develop their Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning skills in a fast-paced environment.
The program departments of Plan Ghana Offices have MERL units whose purpose is to improve program quality and accountability through supporting and implementing high quality MERL in programs and projects, and, to provide evidence for programme design, planning and effectiveness.
The MEL Coordinator is a member of the MERL unit of PIG. The role of the position is to contribute to ensuring programme quality and accountability at project level.
Dimensions of the Role
The MEL Coordinator will report to the MEL Specialist for the Team Up project. The post holder will support field staff and the project team to monitor project activities and timely delivery of monitoring data and reports. The post holder will interface and support project team members and programme coordination. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders. The role also involves analyzing raw data and producing analysis reports for Plan International which requires constant communication with the MEL Specialist, Education Specialist and Project Manager. The MEL Coordinator will represent the Project during field visits for monitoring and stakeholder engagement purposes.
The job holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the finalization and validation of Performance measurement frameworks with relevant stakeholders
- Support the integration of indices designed as composite measurements that aggregate, rank and summarize multiple indicators and data points
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools
- Conduct project monitoring inclusive of tool design and development; data collection, cleaning and compilation; analysis, validation and sharing with relevant stakeholders
- Support the establishment and maintenance of Management Information System to systematically collect, store and analyze output and activity information
- Support the conduction of project external evaluations inclusive of developing Terms of Reference and ensuring consultants deliver high quality reports (support in verifying the methodology, the relevance of the tools, and the quality of the report submitted) and value for money
- Supporting relevant staff to monitor and manage Regional/District/Project Coordinator monitoring plans, targets and performance
- Coordinate the daily data collection efforts of Regional/District/Project Coordinators by providing technical assistance with regards to mobile data collection and the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- Provide regular update to project team staff on the progress of data collection at the regional and district level, with the aim of monitoring the performance of data collectors
- Providing the MEL Specialist with operational and contextual information on MEL, as necessary
- Working with the MEL Specialist to prepare Quarterly Monitoring Reports.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for report running as required by the wider Plan International Ghana team, through the MEL Specialist
- Continuous analysis of the accuracy of monitoring data coming through Salesforce/ Performance Management System from field and project staff
- Setting up mobile data collection software, including setting up new users and deleting inactive users
- Inputting of qualitative and quantitative data into Salesforce/ Performance Management System as required
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data in Salesforce/ Performance Management System as required
- Data entry from the field for input into Salesforce/ Performance Management System as required
- Conduct analysis of monitoring data for internal programme planning purpose
- Protect organization operation by ensuring data privacy and protection at all times
- Constantly update cooperate systems(YODA/PMERL/SAP/ERP/GIS etc)