Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Based in Washington D.C. and/or remote
30% domestic and international travel
Work From Almost Anywhere Status = Can be fully remote
Reports to Head, Strategic Partnerships, Global Fundraising and Communications Department
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The Strategic Partnerships team harnesses the power of the private sector to fuel sustainable global health solutions by prioritizing high ROI opportunities and matching them to the best partners. Our innovative and creative team partners with leading Fortune 500 companies to support programs operating in more than 40 countries.
PSI is looking for an accomplished individual for the role of Manager, Strategic Partnerships, to support and facilitate the development of partnerships that test new ideas in global health and drive towards PSI’s strategic vision.
This unique role works across global teams and sectors and essentially breaking silos. You will collaborate with PSI partners across the private, public, and social sectors, as well as programmatic, technical, and field teams to facilitate the design of scalable, sustainable projects that test innovations in global health.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with the private sector, and a knack for motivating colleagues, who do not report to you, by creating and navigating strong professional relationships and informal networks. We need you to think and dream big but have the agility to zoom from the forest to the trees, and to dive into and manage the day-to-day details. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, leading teams to consensus, forging new partnerships, and be a self-starter who can run with an idea with minimal supervision.
You will support the Head of Strategic Partnerships to work across the organization to support in the identification and codification of a pipeline of innovative projects and partnerships that directly contribute toward PSI’s strategic plan.
You will also support in the following areas:
· Manage a portfolio of partners and projects. External representation of PSI with partners and prospects to deliver on annual fundraising and partnership goals and targets. Identify ways to integrate partners into the work. 30% of the time.
· Lead on prospecting research on potential new donors and see connections to PSI's work. 30% of the time.
· May manage support colleagues and may also provide direction, communication, and coordination to technical teams. 15% of the time.
· Liaise with other PSI departments to proactively foster, and potentially lead, inter-departmental communication, understanding, and collaboration. 15% of the time.
· Support development of team communications, collateral development, campaigns, strategy development and execution. 10% of the time.
Time percentages listed above are not exact. They are estimates and may change. This is also not an exhaustive list of all tasks that an incumbent is expected to perform but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included above. PSI reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor's Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field.
· Master's Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
· At least 7 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
· Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management. Experience using Salesforce preferred.
· Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to proofread documents. Ability to competently represent PSI externally and in-person at events and speaking engagements.
· Demonstrated dedication to operational excellence, as exhibited by ability to learn and comply with established processes, organize and accurately maintain records, identify problems and suggest improvements, and to tackle new challenges.
· Solid foundational knowledge of fundraising techniques and approaches. Familiarity with global health and development.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. For domestic positions: Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate to provide a hazard free employment and work environment in our commitment to our employees. Candidates offered a position will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date and their employment will be contingent on this. Candidates needing a medical or religious accommodation should let their recruiter know.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.