What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: https://plancanada.ca/careers
Plan International Canada
Senior Manager, Procurement & Risk
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement & Risk, the successful candidate will support the Procurement function and assist in the development of management systems around Procurement.
What success looks like?
- Supporting the organization’s business units in the procurement of goods and services ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures and procurement best practices.
- Completing competitive procurements of goods and services for the organization, Serving as the subject matter expert for sourcing of products and services.
- Supporting, guiding and monitoring completion of the competitive bidding (RFP, RFQ, RFI) process including preparing bid documents, evaluation criteria, summarizing returns, evaluating proposals and documenting supplier selection.
- Working with Legal Counsel to develop terms and conditions for Contracts.
- Support supplier onboarding where required.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable function in matching Contracts and Statements of Work to Invoices.
- Provide analysis on supplier spend and performance against contracted commitments.
- Completion of Supplier Performance evaluations and reporting on key suppliers
- Developing and reporting on Procurement and Supplier KPIs
- Maintain an inventory of contracts on a Contract Management System proactively anticipate and monitor contract end dates.
- Supporting Insurance renewals and related insurance matters
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the competitive procurement of goods, services and professional services, with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Experience in Information Technology and Information Management procurement is an asset.
- College diploma or University degree in business administration or purchasing is an asset.
- Full cycle procurement experience is an asset.
- Experience in monitoring supplier performance
- Ability to implement and develop procedures and processes
- Project Management and organizational skills to ensure tasks are prioritized and performed within timelines
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with individuals and teams from different business units
- Research, analytical and evaluation skills to scrutinize financial information to ensure accuracy
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
- Customer oriented focus.
How to Apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity at Plan International Canada, please apply with your resume and cover letter to https://plancanada.ca/apply by July 13, 2022.
Plan International Canada is a hybrid workplace. You will work from the office and from home.
Plan International Canada hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and to providing an inclusive workplace. Plan International Canada especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you have a disability that may affect your ability to perform in a role in which you are interested, we will be happy to discuss with you what adjustments or arrangements we can make to accommodate your needs. If your disability is likely to affect you adversely within the application process itself, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Plan International Canada requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to self-declare they are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Plan International Canada has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to discuss further.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!