The Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo is offering young men and women an opportunity to become part of the strategic and operational programmatic Mission efforts via DSPS responsibilities.
Additionally, and in line with the OSCE and Mission’s views on youth empowerment, the aim is to provide interns with the opportunity to learn about the day-to-day working environment of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (DSPS), so they can increase their knowledge and understanding of the Mission’s mandate; as well as to provide a framework for graduate and post graduate students, or recent graduates or postgraduates, to develop their professional skills and gain practical work experience in a multi-national environment.”
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The local intern, under the supervision of the Director of DSPS or his/her delegate, will be acquainted and assist to all tasks connected with the management, structures and strategic, operational, and project/activity implementation of DSPS programmatic areas.
Additionally, the intern will assist DSPS and its respective sections, and as required, assist the strategic and operational programmatic sides to Mission efforts via DSPS responsibilities too.
The intern will have a six-month (delineated by total working days in said period) term and evolution via a structure approach as follows:
1. A month or respective term of working days assigned to duties related to and encompassing DSPS Director’s Office with a term of day(s) for post action close out session;
2. A month or respective term of working days assigned to duties related to and encompassing Special Advisory Unit with a term of day(s) for post action close out session;
3. A month or respective term of working days assigned to duties related to and encompassing Serious and Organized Crime Section with a term of day(s) for post action close out session;
4. A month or respective term of working days assigned to duties related to and encompassing Community Safety Development Section with a term of day(s) for post action close out session;
5. A month or respective term of working days assigned to duties related to and encompassing Police Development and Monitoring Section with a term of day(s) for post action close out session;
6. The final month or respective term of working days assigned to duties related to and encompassing DSPS Director’s Office to better address management of programmatic or moderate sized operations. Also, as applicable, and/or intersecting with section(s), whereby an additional amount of days may best serve the intern’s working knowledge and completion of assigned tasks. This final term will include day(s) for post action conference, questions and answers, and completion of all related terms of internship programme.
The intern will perform the following duties:
1. Learn about the work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OMiK);
2. Learn about the programmatic efforts of OMiK DSPS management, structures and strategic, operational, and project/activity implementation via DSPS programmatic areas procedure, through rotation in all sections of DSPS;
3. Assist DSPS in administrative and operational duties related to management of activity implementation;
4. As assigned by the supervisor, assist in appraisal of records, in filtering obsolete material and archiving non-active records;
5. Assist in maintenance and update of non-sensitive or confidential physical and digital records database(s);
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo.
• Not to be older than 30 years on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice and have completed one year of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution, or a first or advanced degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate and security sector, no longer than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice;
• Good written and communication skills in English;
• Knowledge of computer applications such as word processing and spreadsheets;
• Tact and discretion in dealing with information;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and ability to integrate gender perspective into tasks and activities;
• Ability to work in a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
In lieu of remuneration the OSCE Mission in Kosovo will contribute towards the cost of living of local interns who are non-residents at the duty station (place of assignment), such compensation is equivalent to 10% of the applicable BLA rate. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Please mention your availability dates in the cover letter. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded through the following link https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form, and send it by email to email@example.com with vacancy number quoted in subject.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process. Additional InformationIssued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo Requisition ID: KOS000053 Contract Type: Intern Grade: No grade Job Type: Intern Number of posts: 1 Location: KOS - OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina Issue Date: Apr 28, 2023 Closing Date: May 21, 2023 Employee Status: Short-Term Schedule: Full-time Education Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma