Date: 24 May, 2022
Location: Incheon, South Korea (ICN), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 4
Deadline: 14 June 2022 (11:59 PM KST)
Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea
Job Category: International
Salary: USD 114,600 net (plus attractive benefits, that include the following allowances (as appliable): Relocation, dependency, education assistance and home country travel)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their people. Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 192 projects in 123 countries and has committed USD 10.1 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts. The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Specialist – Investment Risk, reporting to the Manager - Investment Risk, will be responsible for reviewing the funding proposals and post approval amendments/developments with a particular focus on identifying and mitigating risks. The incumbent will actively engage with the interdivisional project team and will synthesize her/his risk assessment into the secretariat assessment. The specialist will also be responsible along with the manager for development and maintenance of risk tools and rating models.
Duties and responsibilities
• Reviewing the investment proposals and post approval amendments/ development related to the proposals in accordance with the Risk Management Framework of the Fund and applying the risk expertise
• Adapt the review commensurate with complexity of the investment proposal
• Create, maintain, and apply, with guidance from the Manager, risk tools and rating models to ensure the rigorous assessment of investment proposals
• Collaborate with the interdivisional project team and persuade the team to improve the risk profile of the proposals
• Remain engaged with the project team through the development and implementation phases of the investment proposals
• Liaise with consultants engaged in development of the risk tools and rating models
• Provide Risk assessment of the investment proposals as part of the interdivisional secretariat assessment of the investment proposals
• Provide advice on risk mitigation to stakeholders such as business divisions and the project proponents
• Vet the investment proposals of the rating models
• Revise the risk tools by updating the key macro data factors used in the tools
Required experience and qualifications
• A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance and/or Business Administration or related disciplines; At least nine (9) years of relevant international experience working in a similar setting e.g. international financial institution, ratings agency, international bank, development agencies or other similar institutions;
• Advanced analytical capacity including extensive experience with analytical tools;
• Financial modelling skill is a must;
• Strong writing skills, ability to work in multi-cultural environments;
• Ability to work independently, while adhering to the timelines and quality of deliverables
• Professional experience in developing countries is an advantage;
• Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.