Intern – Freight ElectrificationWho we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is seeking an intern for the Sustainable Cities and Transport Program to support our work on decarbonizing freight. The electrification is at a corridor level catering to decarbonizing long haul freight movement. The objective of this piece is to support sub-national governments to develop a charging infrastructure roadmap. The outcome of this work is to better equip states to deploy charging infrastructure as the logistics industry witnesses an uptake in electric fleet.
How your day will unfold:
• Undertaking secondary research on the landscape of freight movement, map high demand corridors, port and industry linkages, technical specifications of charging requirement of Large and Medium Duty Vehicles, etc.
• Developing data collection instruments like surveys. Ability to identify and pull out alternate data sets. Executing data collection instruments on ground
• Participate in interactions with industry, government and other stakeholders and mapping individual priorities.
• Conduct analysis on different data sets and generate actionable insights.
• Contribute in preparation of different types of collateral like reports, slide decks, etc.
• Contribute to outreach effort to disseminate or debate on project outcomes with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
• Master's degree in Transport planning, transport engineering or urban planning
• Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research
• Proficiency in GIS software (like QGIS) and MS Office is a must. Proficiency in programming languages like R and python is desirable.
• Ability to generate high quality research. Good writing skills is essential.
• Prior work or understanding of freight or electrification or both is preferable.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, think creatively, work efficiently under high pressure.
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Mumbai, India
Duration: 6 Months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here