Intern - Botnar Safer Mobility for Youth
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI globally, has deep experience in the road safety sector and is widely recognized as a leader on this issue. In India, we have a multi-pronged road safety strategy that looks strategically at directing our tools, research, expertise, and partnerships in ensuring safe roads for all.
WRI India has convened the Safer Mobility for Youth project in Rohtak, Haryana, in partnership with District Administration of Rohtak, Rohtak Police and Raahgiri Foundation, with support from Foundation Botnar and the Global Road Safety Partnership. We are looking for a candidate to assist the project lead in implementing project activities, effective utilization of funds and ensuring timely delivery of the project.
How your day will unfold:
The intern will undertake and oversee a range of project responsibilities as listed below.
• Provide regular updates to the consortium and local institutional partners
• Assist the team in survey, data collection and analysis
• Support the team in planning and conduct of tactical urbanism (design trials)
• Organising capacity building workshops, and stakeholder engagement activities.
• Dealing with Government officials and local partners for project-related activities.
• Support in the production of conceptual and technical design drawings using AutoCAD, Sketchup, or other 2D or 3D software.
• Support with the layout of publications and documents by creating relevant illustrations, diagrams, charts, infographics, and other visual content for WRI
Communication and Partnerships
• Coordinate and schedule meetings regarding projects among team and with external partners
• Support internal and external communications, and media relations responsibilities such as brochures and web content.
• Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects and anchor partner engagement activities
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
• Graduation in Architecture or Planning
• Minimum 0-1 years of work experience in relevant field, with program implementation and project management experience
• The candidate should have an adequate understanding of Street design principles & guidelines.
• Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing).
• Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement
• Proficiency in O365 applications including SharePoint, Teams & OneDrive
• Good working knowledge of road safety practices in India and abroad
• Knowledge of latest policies, regulations, guidelines, etc. related to urban systems is preferred
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD and is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required
• Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a requirement
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Rohtak (Haryana), India
Duration: 3 Months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here