The purpose of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) position is a day-to-day implementation of the related responsibilities. The position holder will provide technical support to the employees in line with NRC’s ICT procedures and standards, in addition to helping in the implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support NRC operations.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated Administration and ICT functions portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Provide basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on the department’s policies and procedures.
- Deliver timely and high-quality ICT hardware, software, and services to the country program.
- Maintain Internet and network connectivity in NRC’s offices and centers.
- Ensure all NRC systems are fully compliant with information security requirements and data security standards.
- Ensures that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and update operating systems and user applications, and provide software and system troubleshooting and support of network infrastructure.
- Manage antivirus software and ensure that all software on NRC computers and networking equipment is licensed
- Prepare laptops for new users and schedule software upgrades
- Perform routine support tasks including, but not limited to: connecting/troubleshooting printers and peripheral devices, connecting users to Wi-Fi network, troubleshooting connectivity issues, resolving windows problems, formatting, outlook setup, managing intranet access, cabling, managing the internal landline phone connectivity at the office, etc.
- Introduce new staff to NRC systems, ICT guidelines and practices, and administration procedures using the related induction guidelines.
- Assist in data collection in terms of ensuring data protection is being followed and that collection systems can not be corrupted.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
- Support and Programme Staff in Area Offices
- External Suppliers
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience from working in the administration and information technology fields
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect